Pages

Saturday, April 12, 2014

George R. R. Martin Broke My Tear Ducts

As it turns out, when you live with people you aren't a huge fan of you spend a lot of time getting invested in television characters you are a huge fan of. I've gotten to know this part of dorm life very well since last semester. I've watched a ridiculous amount of full TV series these past eight or so months, so many it would be too embarrassing to list them out. I know this for a fact because I just spent the last five minutes attempting that very list before stopping out of shame. I mean, I'm already writing a blog where I complain about room mates and dorm life and show pretty pictures I draw all alone, why add an embarrassing list of all the shows I watch to prove just how little time I spend outside my room? And it's a shame really, because I'm very attractive and outside looks good on me. 

My latest obsession is Game of Thrones, which if anyone reading knows this show they know its an awful idea to get attached to characters. George R. R. Martin writes every word as if it's a Shakespearean tragedy... everyone dies! Except the emotional turmoil I feel is way worse because I actually enjoy and understand Game of Thrones. The last time I felt like this was while watching Grey's Anatomy, which I just recently caught up with and decided to give a breather after binge watching it over half of Spring break. And yes Spring break happened very recently, so I've been feeling this way for quite some time. It's sad and pathetic and it's my life right now. THERE I SAID IT!


On a positive note when George isn't breaking my tear ducts he is helping me reinvest my interest and curiosity in the magical world; a world I haven't been so engrossed in since the last Harry Potter book and movies. True there's the occasional magical aspect to some of my other favorite shows such as Angel and Being Human that might perk up my little fleshy ears, but nothing recently that's gotten me as involved as Game of Thrones. And so, I draw and I draw and I cry and I cry and eventually something cool and magical comes out and I add it to my ever growing list of characters and stories floating around in my noggin. And now, I come to the whole narcissistic point of this blog entry. The magical little drawing that came out that I thought the internet just needed to experience. Enjoy!










No comments:

Post a Comment